Patente di guida
Licencia de conduccion / Permiso de conducir
If you plan to drive in Australia with your international licence, you’ll probably need a translation done by a NAATI Certified Translator.
Please note: Many of the road authority websites still refer to NAATI Accredited Translators - this is the old category of Australian qualification which was superceded by NAATI Certified Translators as of 01 January 2018.
- English translation by a NAATI accredited translator or an International Driving Permit issued by your home country
“Translating your driver licence, learner permit or documents
If your driver licence or learner permit is not in English, you must have it translated by any NAATI accredited translator, or an appropriate consulate in Australia. Fees may apply.”
- Temporary visitors – English translation or an International Driving Permit
- Licence transfers – Official translation from Multicultural NSW or the Department of Social Services (DSS)*
- Recognised English translation from a translator approved by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI)
- An original copy of a English translation by a National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) approved translator and signed by the translator, or an international driver’s licence issued by your home country
- English translation by a person accredited to translate, or an International Drivers Permit
- Official English translation issued by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) accredited translator, or an Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators (AUSIT) accredited translator.
- Visiting drivers – an approved English translation or international driving permit
- Licence transfers – translation is certified as being a true and correct translation of your original driver’s licence document and is done by an accredited translator (see National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters NAATI).
- Visiting drivers – if the type of vehicle you are authorised to drive cannot be easily recognised on your overseas licence, you will also need to carry an International Driving Permit*
- Licence transfers – an official translation of the overseas licence into English by an authorised translator, or an international driving permit
Get a fast quote
Books translated by Jacqueline Skewes
Information current as at 01 January 2018
*TradTrans cannot provide translations that meets this criteria and you will need to obtain your translation elsewhere
Just email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information